Sunday, April 5, 2009

Qualities of a Human? Qualities of the monster?

Feelings and emotions are the biggest things that makes us human. Understanding people and situations, not being prejudice, and having common sense are qualities I believe makes us human. The monster possesses all these qualities because he has feelings of having a companion, someone to talk to and bond with. He cries, so this shows that he has emotion. By observing the cottagers, he was better able to understand people and their ways. he wasn't prejudice at all, but he knew humans were. He used common sense to figure out that his actions were causing the cottager to go hungry, so he stopped taking their food and helped them. He exhibited sympathy toward them. "I discovered also another means through which I was enabled to assist their labours. I found that the youth spent a great part of each day in collecting wood for the family fire; and, during the night I often took his tools, the useof which I quickly discovered, and brought home firing sufficient for the consumption of several days (p. 78)." The only thing i saw was that he lacked sympathy for the people he killed.

No comments:

Post a Comment